Benchmarks and Expectations
What are the benchmarks or grade-level expectations for students?
- We expect many students to complete SIPPS Beginning Level in kindergarten.
- Some grade 1 students may need to be taught some or all of the Beginning Level lessons before moving on to SIPPS Extension Level.
- We expect many students to complete SIPPS Extension Level in grade 1
- Some grade 2 students may need to be taught some of the Extension Level lessons before moving on to SIPPS Challenge Level.
- We expect some students to complete SIPPS Challenge Level in grade 2.
- Most students will continue to benefit from repeating the SIPPS Challenge Level lessons in grades 3 and 4, using the specific word lists for those grade levels.
- We expect students to have mastered the polysyllabic strategies taught in SIPPS Challenge Level by the end of grade 4.